Things to do! Active holidays
The Dordogne is the place to be for activities in nature. Do you like walking in the forest or in the countryside? Do you enjoy relaxing in or on the water? Are you more adventurous and do you like challenges? In the Dordogne, you’re sure to find something that will charm you.
We have prepared a small selection of activities for you to do easily during your stay at our campsite. In addition, we have negotiated discounts for you with our partners.
On your feet!
For your hikes, you can start directly from our campsite! Several (long) circuits, marked out by the department, pass by the campsite:
- “Boucle de Roumaguet” (16 km)
- “Boucle des Pèlerins” (18 km)
- An ancient pilgrimage path between Bergerac and Rocamadour. This runs from Perigord to Quercy on a 180 km marked circuit. Step number 4 passes by our campsite. This almost forgotten path was integrated as a variant in the Compstela Roads in 2010. You can learn more about Pilgrimages to Compostela by reading our dedicated page on this subject.
Of course, we are well aware that these long loops are not suitable for most of our clients! For this reason we have prepared shorter circuits ourselves, ranging from 3 to 12 km, especially for you. These loops will take you to the nearest villages: Molières, Cadouin or Saint Avit Sénieur, or simply allow you to discover the landscapes around our campsite.
So tie your shoelaces and get going!
Overtake your companion on two wheels!
By road bike – electric or not – or mountain bike, you can discover the beautiful landscapes and magnificent villages of the “Périgord Noir” and “Périgord Pourpre”, but don’t forget that in the Perigord, the terrain is very hilly. This certainly contributes to the charm of the country. But if you want to ride a bike here, it is better to have a minimum of physical preparation to fully enjoy your two-wheeled outings.
- For mountain bikers: the hiking trails, prepared by the department, will suit you perfectly,
- and for road cycling enthusiasts, the many quiet and charming little roads will make you happy.
Jeff and Thomas share their passion for mountain biking with you, taking you on the trails around our campsite.
Get on your pedals, get set, go!
Walk, trot or gallop…
Experienced rider or a little beginner? Several equestrian centres are located 10/15 km from our campsite. They offer you initiations and horse or pony rides on the paths of our “Pays des Bastides”. We have selected two of them for you:
- The equestrian farm “La Haute Yerle” *, located in Alles-sur-Dordogne, offers magnificent horse rides along the river for beginners and advanced riders. They adapt the length and difficulty of the tours to your request.
- At the “Centre Equestre du Pays Beaumontois” *, you can ride a horse or pony and even try archery, sitting on your horse! In addition, in July and August, they bring the ponies to our campsite once a week. Children from 2 years old can then take small tours or a hike directly from our campsite. And they love it!
Saddle up, riders!
It is possible to canoe or kayak on both the Dordogne and Vézère rivers. Many canoe and kayak rental companies offer trips of different lengths.
Our favourites are the “Canoës Roquegoffre” *. They offer a magnificent 14 km route on the Dordogne during which you will have a unique view of La-Roque-Cageac, Castelnaud, Marqueyssac, Fayrac, Beynac and Les Milandes. You depart by bus from the Port d’Envaux, 30 km from the campsite. In your boat, you will go down the river at your own pace. You will have plenty of time to swim and picnic. Children are allowed from 5 years of age.
Get your cozzies on!
Perched in a tree…
Looking for a bigger challenge? Go and test your physical condition on a tree-climbing course. Chickens, abstain!
In the Perigord, you will find a good selection of parks offering adventure courses in the trees. Our favourite is located in Lacapelle-Biron in Lot-et-Garonne, 40 km south of our campsite.
“Parc-en-Ciel” is a 16 hectare wooded and rural park. It offers 8 treetop courses for all ages (from 3 years old) and for all levels. All the routes are of graduating difficulty and are made up of various workshops: tightrope walking, giant steps, climbing walls, monkey bridges, net paths, Tarzan jumps, etc. and generally end with a zip line.
Children, especially teenagers, love it!
Let’s go, “oh bold ones”!
Robin Hood in the Perigord
In July and August, we offer you a “Discover Archery” session twice a week at the campsite.
In a congenial atmosphere, you will be shown the first rudiments of this thousands of years old art. A great time to spend with the family and guaranteed fun for young and old.
To the ready, archers!
During your stay at our campsite in the Dordogne, you can enjoy all these activities. And much more!
So there’s only one thing left to do: take advantage of your holidays to get moving!