Tourism in the spotlight
The Dordogne, also known as the “Périgord”, is a wonderful region for tourists with an incredible range of places to visit and diverse things to do. Wondering what to visit in the Dordogne? You will be spoilt for choice!
During your stay in Perigord, we will be there to help you choose from all these places of interest, each one more beautiful than the next. Because yes, as we said, the Dordogne is a mecca for tourism in France and it is not for nothing: a rich and 400,000 year old history, an abundant and preserved nature and a gastronomy to make you lick your fingers.
Castles, caves, abbeys, bastides, medieval villages: Perigord is an inexhaustible source of places to visit. Our location near the confluence of the Dordogne/Vézère rivers will allow you to discover them easily.
- To the north, you will find the Vézère valley and its prehistoric sites.
- To the east, up the Dordogne, you can discover Sarlat, the medieval pearl of the Perigord.
- To the west is Bergerac and its vineyards.
- And in the south, finally, you can visit Monpazier and the bastides.
The Perigord is a huge field of activity opportunities:
- rivers for canoeing, swimming or a boat trip;
- marked paths for hiking, cycling, mountain biking or horse riding;
- caves, cliffs, tree-climbing or “via ferrata” for explorers and climbers;
- golf courses or archery for nature sports enthusiasts.
You will share unforgettable moments with family or friends.
Strawberries, chestnuts, walnuts, but also foie gras, confit or duck breast, truffles, cepes, not to mention the Bergeracois vineyards. So many products from our region are not to be missed during your stay in the Dordogne Perigord.
Farmer’s markets, gourmet night markets and small local restaurants are the ideal places for your gourmet getaways to discover the traditions and culinary delights of our region.
You will have got the gist: you will have to make choices!
To help you do this – and already make you dream a little – we have made a small selection of our favourites.
And in addition, we have negotiated benefits and discounts for our guests with some providers!